Marquette Economics Professor, Abdur Chowdhury, realizes the negative impact that repealing prevailing wage laws can have on veterans. Chowdhury highlights recent studies where findings demonstrate that “economic conditions of veterans would be profoundly affected if states with strong-to-moderate prevailing wage laws were to weaken their standards.” This is especially pertinent to Wisconsin, where 8.3% of all construction workers are veterans. Changes to the prevailing wage law could cause veterans to lose their jobs, their businesses, and their health care. The negative impact on our country’s most deserving workers is apparent.
- WIIN Comments on the Proposed Mining Ordinance – Forest County
- WIIN Comments on the Proposed Mining Ordinance – Oneida County
- WIIN Comments on the 2018 Limited Scope Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the State Highway 23 Project
- Poll shows 60% of Wisconsinites support prevailing wage.
- Economics Professor: Repeal of Prevailing Wage would hurt Wisconsin economy